Maybe one of the most fabulous days I will have in this 365 day adventure happened already. It is pretty early into this to make such a bold statement. However, I have confidence that I am right.
A little background: Within 15 days of my birthday, a life-long friend celebrates her birthday. For 30 years she has teased me about being older. (Oh, wait, she claims she is 27 so she will remain nameless.) I expect that to go on for at least another 30.
So the SURPRISE was FABULOUS! The only downside was being at SeaTac Airport at 5:30 a.m.
What was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S?
- Around 8 a.m. – Enjoyed the warm sun on our backs at Oakland Airport as we waited for our chauffeur to pick us up.
- The 9 a.m. hour – As we waited for a corner booth to be cleaned the guest of honor arrived and did the classic double-take to see three girlfriends waiting for her to arrive. To bad we did have a video camera or there would be a You Tube link right here.
- The next few hours were followed by a whirlwind of manicures and pedicures complete with sparkles. Side note: The double digits member in my house believes that sparkle is the new black. Does black polish with sparkles top that?
- A little before noon – Quick break for some eats…or should we say drinks? Still full from breakfast but a visit to Buffalo Bills for a round of brews and another soak in the sun. We could have stayed there all day if there was not another surprise in store for the birthday girl.
- 1 p.m. – Another spa service and this one began with champagne laced with cranberry juice. YUM! An hour long massage was enjoyed by all.
- After a few peaceful hours just hanging out and catching up, it’s time to think about dinner (and the final surprise).
- About 6:45, our little party of four walked into Neumanali where half of the house was filled with friends to honor the birthday girl. And, yes, the classic double-take occurred once more.
- A divine meal with several glasses of wine was followed by a trip to the local night club. Oh, to be 25 again – NOT!