The evening started with a round of drinks…mine was a quick transport to another part of the world (one without cool spring weather complete with grey, low hanging and damp clouds). Ahhhh, the fragrance of coconut wafted up from my glass – I didn’t even need a breath in deeply. The Cracked Coconut Martini was the perfect way to forget about it being a Monday!
Time for the appetizers (while still enjoying the martini, of course):
- Lemongrass Chicken Satay – Lemongrass is just so refreshing!
- Mountain Lamb Satay – Marinated in black pepper and other yummy spices.
- Potstickers – A first at Wild Ginger for me. Not sure I want to eat potstickers anywhere else!
- Sichuan Green Beans – I could eat green beans every night – and these fresh, hot, spicy beans are no exception.
Since there was a larger group of us dining, many people requested favorites. I just sat back and let them order…my taste buds were ready for anything (Asian)! In my experience, all the main dishes will be FABULOUS…
- Fragrant Duck – Never been to Wild Ginger without at least one bun full of duck. Peppery, cinnamony, star anisy and covered with as much cilantro and plum sauce as I can fit in the bun. Yum!
- Seven Flavor Beef – A new dish for me; this flank steak melted in your mouth as a fireworks display of flavors tickled the taste buds. I can’t even tell you all the flavors without cheating from the menu (lemongrass, peanuts, hoisin). My mind only remembered chilies, basil, garlic and ginger)
- Mongolian Noodles – Hands down the best Asian noodles I ever ate. I never take two serving of noodles – until today.
- Black Pepper Scallops – So fresh and peppery.
- Hanoi Tuna – Another very, very refreshing and light dish. Loved the dill and turmeric combination.
Finally, dessert. Oh, mango sorbet or coconut gelato. Mango! Mango! Mango! FABULOUS!
Thank you, Anne and Theresa, for coming to town!
Wild Ginger | 1401 3rd Avenue | Seattle, WA 98101 | www.wildginger.net