A quick business trip to Los Angeles included an opportunity to catch up with a co-worker from the past (and now present). We grabbed dinner at caught up on the last three years over dinner (and a few glasses of 2009 line 39 petite syrah) at Katana.
While waiting for Kyra to make it through the traffic, I shared with our server that my partner in crime was stuck in traffic so I was just going to start with a quick starter while I waited. All she heard was “partner”, so the two us of girls giggled at that all night!
Round #1 – Edamame – Soy beans with Sea Salt
Round #2 – Tastes from the kitchen
- Ingen Itame – Sauteed Chinese green beans with garlic sauce
- Aspara Niku Maki – Filet mignon wrapped asparagus with soy mirin sauce
- Hanabi – Spicy tuna with diced chilies on crispy rice
- Popcorn shrimp – Tempura shrimp with miso glaze, which my partner says this is so good you just might have an orgasm
Round #3 – From the Sushi Bar
- Katana rolls – Yellowtail tuna atop spicy tuna and shrimp tempura roll
- Lobster rolls – Baked lobster, avocado and asparagus
Round #4 – A delicious chocolate dessert (of course!)
Katana | 8439 W. Sunset Blvd. | West Hollywood, CA | 323.650.8585 | Website