A wonderful summer evening in Seattle makes a perfect night for a walk through the market (for those readers not from Seattle, that is the famous Pike Place Market) to find a great meal. After a pre-meal taste of truffle concoctions, we head into Matt’s.
Matt’s in the Market is located across the street, the chef obviously plans the menu based on what is currently available. We started by selecting a bottle of wine, then picked our favorite things from the menu to share…
- tenderloin carpaccio – sliced so thin that you can see through it, topped with arugula and shaved Parmesan, the overall flavors were sweeter than I expected
- foie gras – a balanced dish – one half foie gras with relish, the other seared and served on toast with a marinated bing cherry and sprinkles of hazelnuts
- heirloom tomato salad – yellows and red, fresh herbs and delicious soft cheese
- salmon – on a bed of chile corn puree, wedges of yukon golds and topped with tomato salsa
- And for dessert, we asked for the chocolate bread pudding special with a twist. The special was a chocolate bread pudding with vanilla ice cream drizzled in chocolate and caramel sauce. However another dessert had sea salt caramel ice cream. We switched out the vanilla for the caramel. What an amazing decision! And a perfect way to end the meal.
During the meal, we savored every morsel while watching the colors of the summer sky turn from a warm blue to shades of pink. The most vibrant pink occurred as we walked back to the car.
Matt’s in the Market | 94 Pike St #32 | Seattle, WA | 206.467.7909 | Website