After selecting a yummy glass of wine from the extensive wine list ( a glass of Campo de Borja – Cote de Hayas Alto Moncayo “Veraton” Garnacha, Spain), the “small plates” started to arrive…
From the Antipasti menu:
- Salt-Roasted Beets with Whipped Goat Cheese & Pistachio Vinaigrette – The salty pistachio chunks added crunch!
- Corn and fresh tomato salad smothered in arugula pesto – So refreshing after a hot day in the Chicago sun.
From the smears section:
- Eggplant Caponata with Goat Cheese – I could eat this for breakfast on a bagel, lunch, or dinner! FABULOUS!
And then comes the Trio of Cheeses:
- La Chevys Noir (a soft goat cheese perfect for any meal)
- Truffle Tremor (truffles infused into cheese, you can’t go wrong)
- Parmigiano Reggiano (picked specifically to please the double digit dinner)
And the final plate:
- Milk Braised Pork Shoulder with Mashed Potatoes – Fell apart with the touch of the fork!
Dessert was had at Oberweis Dairy (hot day = ice cream)
The Purple Pig | 500 North Michigan Avenue | Chicago, IL | 312.464.1.PIG | Website