Every fall, I think I have time to get together a wine and chocolate afternoon or evening with friends so that we get in a few hours to relax before the holiday craziness starts. I never make it, but I don’t give up the dream! This year, my confidence grew as I even bought a bottle of chocolate red wine in Walla Walla for the occasion.
A few weeks ago, I put today on the calendar. Send out some invites, made a few calls. (Would have made more, but my house is pint-sized). Last night, I rummaged through chocolate recipes and began preparing the options:
- Chocolate covered strawberries – simply delicious
- A new Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe – fabulous
- Liquid Chocolate Cake – one of my favorite recipes, plus Bill’s hand-whipped cream
- And a selection of cheeses
- I thought about making nutella crepes and a chocolate cake (next time!)