For two months, Chef Bill has been talking about his plans for his holiday dinner (thankfully, Bailie and I are invited). The meal would center around his rookie attempt of Demi-glaze. So, that means red meat.
What else we he surprise us with? A completely decadent meal…slaved away for hours to make every bite perfect (and fabulous).
- Mashed potatoes (more accurately riced potatoes)
- Roasted squash with walnuts
- And, of course, the filet mignon with Demi-glaze
And then it was time for dessert…
- A pile of traditional homemade Christmas cookies
- Cranberry pudding cake, a Meyer Christmas tradition
- And way too many Fleur de sel caramels
Time for bed. And sugar plums dancing in our heads.