In the middle of the a swim meet, a birthday happens. And during a three-day, out-of-town swim meet it is not easy to make a birthday girl feel special.
Luckily, her cousin’s team hosts the meet. Which means at least she is surrounded by family. And her swim friends. And the announcers wish her Happy Birthday before a race. And this year, we planned a delicious meal. One that travels well. A GREEK FEAST
- Hummus with a bowl of pita, cucumbers and tomatoes for dipping
- Taziki for drowning the gyro, or dipping in the vegetables
- Greek salad with lots and lots of feta
- Mediterranean potato salad that is so light and refreshing
- Lamb gyros, a great pita sandwich
It was all yum!