Cupcakes. Shopping. Olympics. And plane ride. All good things to include in a weekend with my girl!
- First stop. Food trucks. Well, just one. A truck dedicated to cupcakes. And not just any cupcakes. Cupcake War winning cupcakes.
- After lunch at Hell’s Kitchen we strolled thru their Angel Food Bakery upstairs. Another cupcakes to try. While they filmed an episode of the “The Cooking Channel” less than ten feet away.
- Strolled around the area, then headed back to our hotel for the 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony and room service. The girl kept mentioning that she never stayed in a hotel this nice (Grand Hotel). And, my favorite part was the free wine at happy hour each night. What a great night in!
- Sleep in, getting up in time to see the first heats of swimming.
- Followed by lunch at Mosaic Cafe, a delicious feast where my girl ate – and liked – black beans. A first!
- A crazy taxi ride to our Mississippi River boat cruise that disappointed. Who wants to travel a river to look at a bunch of run down factories and broken bridges? We did find delight in a few facts, including being amazed at the muddiness of the water.
- A nice stroll back that included dipping our toes in the river, a walk across Nicolett Island and back into downtown.
- Then found a complete treasure in the cake pops at Cocoa & Fig
- And we finished a great day with a fabulous dinner at Piccolo.
- All about shopping at the Mall of America (finally. Walking at least part of every floor. Finding a special treat sweatshirt at the Life is Good store, a good motto to wear any day!
- Followed by a big, fat hug and a send off for a week with the other side of her family, including a very happy reunion with her six girl cousins!
Already looking forward to our next girl’s weekend! Repeat!