- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup hazelnuts (about 5 ounces), coarsely chopped
- Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 300°F. Stir sugar and butter in medium saucepan over low heat until butter melts. Remove from heat. Mix in flour, nuts and salt. Spread on baking sheet. Bake until dry and golden, about 30 minutes. Cool. Break into small pieces. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 medium bananas (about 2 pounds), peeled, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur) or amaretto
- 10 sheets fresh phyllo pastry or frozen, thawed
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
Stir sugar, 6 tablespoons butter and lime juice in large nonstick skillet over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and stir until butter melts and mixture begins to brown around edges, about 5 minutes. Add bananas and liqueur; stir until bananas are coated with butter mixture, about 2 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and cool.
Mix 1 cup hazelnut crumble into banana mixture. Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface (keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap, then damp towel). Brush phyllo with melted butter. Fold phyllo in half crosswise, brush with butter, then fold in half again, forming square; brush with butter. Place generous 1/4 cup filling in center of phyllo square. Bring all edges of phyllo square up toward center and squeeze firmly at top, forming purse. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets, melted butter and filling, forming total of 10 purses. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Chill.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover phyllo purses loosely with foil. Bake until purses begin to color, about 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until phyllo is golden, about 15 minutes longer.
Place 1 purse on each of 10 plates. Spoon 3 tablespoons warm White Chocolate Sauce around each. Sprinkle remaining hazelnut crumble over sauce.