- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 4 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes with juices
- 4 1/2 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons (packed) chopped fresh dill or 2 tablespoons dried dillweed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 4 ounces chilled sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes. Add tomatoes and their juices, broth, chopped dill and cayenne and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until tomatoes are very soft and flavors blend, about 20 minutes.
Puree soup in processor until smooth.Bring to simmer over medium-low heat. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in sour cream (do not boil).
Top with cheese and dill to serve.