To celebrate the season of red – and a belated birthday dinner for just us – he made a reservation at the Herb Farm. This week (or maybe month), the menu is titled “A Menu for Red Heads”. And we learned the uniqueness of the menu is that first the wine sommelier (and team) choose the wines from around the Pacific Northwest to feature. Then the chef paired the food (perfectly, I might add).
- Rutabaga Root Soup, Quinault Steelhead Caviar, Shiso, Horseradish Cream.
- House-Cured Copa, Egg Salas, Sea Beans, Oregon Olives, Elderberry Capers.
- Batter-Fried Sablefish Brandade, Dill, Beet-Onion-Apple-Celery Root Remoulade.
2007 Indigo Sparkling Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, Oregon
Red Wine with Fish
- Seared Coriander-Crusted Pacific Albacore Tuna, marinated Jerusalem Artichokes, Baby Leeks, Guanciale Vinaigrette
2010 Teutonic Wine Company “Bergspitze” Pinot Noir, Chehalem Mountains
Pig in the Patch
- Pork Cotechino Sausage, Pumpkin Sauce, Wild Mushroom-Kale cannelloni, Cold-Pressed Oregon Koroneiki Olive Oil
2010 Palotai Kadarka, “Bull’s Blood”, Southern Oregon
All Quaked Up
- Lavendar-Cured Moulard Duck Breast
- Charred Pears and Turnips with Black Pepper, Oregon Black Truffle Sauce
2010 Idilico Graciano, Upland Vineyard, Yakima Valley
Long-Braised Short Rib
- Grilled 72-hour Braised Painted Hills Angus Short Rib
- Caramelized Cauliflower Puree
- Pagout of Controne Beans, Cauliflower & Chickpeas, Watercress Pool
2010 Avennia Arnaut Syrah, Boushey Vineyard, Yakima Valley
Noix et Roie
- Coco-and-Boletus-Mushroom-Coated Duck Foie Gras Torchon
- Walnut-Prune Compote, Sourdough Waffle, Green Walnut Nocino Syrup
Red Ice. Blue Cow.
- Rogue River Blue Cheese Chantilly Cream,
- Wild Huckleberry-Ruby Port Granite, Rosemary Meringues
- Oak. Smoke. Shocolate.
- Spiced Chocolate Bavarian, Smoked-Salted Caramel, Cherry-Oak Sherbert
2010 Brian Carter Cellars Opulento (Touriga Nacional, Souzao, Tinto Cao), Yakima Valley
The Herbfarm | 14590 NE 145th Street | Woodinville, WA 98072 | 425-485-5300 | Website