With all of the wedding expenses, we made specific choices in our planning with thoughts of recycling beyond the typical drying flowers and using for decoration (yes, the roses from my bouquet are decorating our bathroom in a wine jug from the welcome dinner). So far, we have reused:
- Portalupi wine/milk bottles are on display
- The patio is strung with café lights the created the perfect dinner atmosphere
- My wedding shoes have been worn on a few date nights – and will be packed for the honeymoon
- Votive are reused often; creating the perfect light for a massage or bath after a long week
- Decorative plates will be reused for holiday dinner parties
Bailie has already out-grown her shoes, and hopes to wear her dress again. I think someday I may shorten mine. And, Bill, he will surely recycle his attire.